We at Democratize Media are dedicated to protecting your privacy and handling any personally identifiable information we obtain from you with care and respect.
- How your Privacy is Protected
- Notice. We provide you notice of the information we collect, the types of third parties to which information will be disclosed as well as the choices and means for limiting its disclosure.
- Choice. You have the ability to opt out of having your personal information disclosed to a third party. For sensitive information, affirmative opt in choices are provided rather than simply an opt out.
- Access. We provide you access to personal information and allow you to correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate, except where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.
- Security. We take precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Opting-In or Out
You may opt-in or out of receiving promotional communications from us upon request through links provided within those promotional emails.
Please note: even if you opt-out of receiving promotional material, when you purchase or request products or services or specifically request information from us or third parties, promotional materials may accompany the delivery of that product, service or information.
- Information You Provide to Us
Typically the personally identifiable information we receive comes directly from users like you who are interested in obtaining various products and services from us or from third parties. In general, this information includes the user’s login name, real name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
We may also collect other types of information.
- Information Collected Through Technology
We collect information through technology to make our sites more interesting and useful. For instance, when you come to one of our sites, your IP address is collected. An IP address is often associated with the network through which you enter the Internet, like your ISP or your company. At times, we also use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our users visit various parts of our sites. We may also use your IP Address to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our web sites.
Our web sites may also use a variety of technical methods for tracking purposes, such as pixel tags. We may also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns on our web sites, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of our web sites.
- Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We may use your personally identifiable information in many ways, including, sending you promotional materials, and sharing your information with third parties so that these third parties can send you promotional materials. We may also supplement personally identifiable information that we have collected directly from our users with other information that we obtain from third party partners. We may also share your personal information with companies we have a relationship with that offer similar products and/or services.
In addition, we may also share your information when you participate in certain activities on our sites that are sponsored by third parties such as making specific requests for flooring information or participating in contests or games sponsored in whole or in part by a third party.
Finally, sometimes we hire companies to help deliver products or services, like a company that helps fulfill prizes for a contest. In those instances, there is a need to share your information with these companies.
- Purchase or Sale of Businesses
From time to time we may purchase a business or one or more of our businesses may be sold and your personally identifiable information may be transferred as a part of the purchase or sale.
- Additional Disclosures Required By Law
- Children’s Information
This site is not directed toward children under thirteen years of age. Democratize Media does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under thirteen years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you should not register to become a member or provide any personally identifiable information through the site.